Art Box5 November 2021
Still Waters II15 January 2022
Intro to ABSTRACT Painting, Pre-Recorded Class
Intro to Abstract Painting, a Pre-Recorded Downloadable Class. Download Valid for 12 months.
This is for Class Only (No art box included. This can be purchased from Shop).
Colour Mixing Chart included in download and a What to Bring to the Art Class list.
Once purchased please allow the day for access to be granted to you for the Youtube Private video.
During this pre-recorded class, you will learn abstract painting techniques to help you on your way – washes, layers, application with different tools – and create some abstract paintings.
Paint along with your Yvette while she shows you various tools and painting techniques that can be used. Brushes, palette knives, sponges, stippling, feathering, adding texture, washes, layers…Then this first layer of painting is used as a background while you add more layers to complete a finished abstract painting. You will also see more layers added to previous works which you can do as you create more artworks.
The art lesson is a great foundation to learn various techniques and the use of certain tools. This can be brought to any style of painting you wish to create – abstract, semi-abstract, landscape, still life, or figurative. A great lesson to launch from.
This is a relaxed and fun class. Enjoy opening to the naturalness of creativity. If you’re looking for creative things to do at home, then abstract painting is the perfect way to set you on your way.
This class is most suitable for adults but children from seven years upwards are welcome as well. No previous experience required. This will also be beneficial for those with experience.
ART BOX (includes Shipping within Australia):
An Art Box may be purchased as well at Checkout, in total for Class and Art Box AUD$79. This includes a set of acrylic paints, a set of brushes, an A4 pad of art paper. This will be shipped to your address within Australia Only (not for o/s orders). Please add your postal address at Checkout where you want to receive this.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CLASS:
– A small water spray bottle (can be bought from Bunnings, Ikea or supermarkets)
– Cloths to clean up with. 1 x wet cloth, 1 x dry cloth
– Water container to clean brushes
– 3 small dishes to create paint washes in
– Palette (eg a sheet of plastic, ice-cream/take-away container lid or art palette)
– Palette knife (very handy for different techniques), or use a piece of strong cardboard or plastic
If NO Art Box is purchased then please bring the following:
– A set of paintbrushes (eg 1 x small, 2 x medium, 1 x large)
– small pots/tubes of paint. Primary colours (red, white, black, blue, yellow) and any other colours you like, eg green, turquoise, other variations.
Blue and red create purple; yellow and blue create green; blue, yellow, red create brown; adding white creates lighter tones of colours; adding very small amount of black creates darker tones of colours.